Employee Spotlight: Jack Hendrickson
- Name: Jack Hendrickson
- Title: Business Development Manager
- Branch: White Marsh, MD Landscape Management Branch
- Ruppert Tenure: 10 years
Pictured right: Jack in Italy
- Briefly describe what you do all day (at work). Maintain relationships with customers and colleagues as well as build new relationships with prospective customers.
- What’s the best thing about your job? Meeting interesting people through our community, building relationships, and helping them with their vision of their company.
- What’s your favorite thing about the company? Being a large company but having a small company feel.
- What’s your favorite memory at Ruppert? My first Management Development Day (MDD). Once a year, all managers come together throughout the entire company and receive training as well as build relationships with new peoplein the company.
- What would you do (for a career) if you weren’t doing this? I would be a Physical Education teacher.
- What’s the coolest thing you’re working on right now? We recently became partners with the Aberdeen IronBirds as their landscape maintenance providers.
- Who has been your greatest mentor and why? My mom, who always pushes me to work hard and not to give up.
- What are five words (or less) of advice for others in your profession? Flexibility, patience, active listening, humor.
- How do you define success? I define success as meeting my personal and professional goals, being happy and having good work and home-life balance.
- What’s the last book you read? Never Split the Difference by Chris Voss
- What’s your favorite movie and why? Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls because it is hilarious, and he always knows what to say.
- Tell us something that might surprise us about you. I’m currently training to run a marathon.
- What are you passionate about? Sports, family, keeping healthy.
- If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? Invest and buy a house in Florida on the water.
- How do you balance your career and family? I try not to take work home and make goals throughout the day to reach before I leave.
- How do you like to spend your free time? Running, working out, spending time with my wife.
- Do you have any hobbies? Golf, disc golf, working out.
- What is your favorite family tradition? Making homemade pizzas for Christmas Eve with family.
- What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity? Watching movies and series.
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Speak fluent Spanish.
- Where is the best place you’ve traveled to and why? Italy. There is a lot to see and experience. Also, the cuisine is fantastic!
- What three traits define you? Friendly, competitive, caring.
- What would you most like to tell yourself at age 13? Don’t fret on the small things, because as long as you have a positive attitude, things seem to work out for the best.
- If you could be any animal, which would you be and why? Bald eagle, because I could fly and…AMERICA!