Employee Spotlight: Danielle Disney
- Name: Danielle Disney
- Title: Business Development Manager
- Branch: Frederick, MD Landscape Management Branch
- Ruppert Tenure: Nine months
- Briefly describe what you do all day (at work). Talk to people 😊
- What’s the best thing about your job? My team!
- What’s your favorite thing about the company? Our culture regarding how we value our people.
- What’s your favorite memory at Ruppert? Our ABC event; I was not even a month in and I felt like such a little fish in a big pond. I got to meet so many co-workers and customers!
- What would you do (for a career) if you weren’t doing this? Large animal vet or farrier because of my love of horses. I would have loved being able to work with them for a living. Hindsight at it’s finest, but no regrets. I grew up riding horses and competing in events. I was considered a “barn rat.” I spent every second I could out at the barn until I had to grow up and tend to adult responsibilities. It was so therapeutic and some of the best memories of my life. I hope to one day be at a place in my life where I can ride consistently again.
- What are five words (or less) of advice for others in your profession? Patience, drive, discipline.
- What inspires you? Strong women leaders.
- How do you define success? Happy, healthy, humble.
- What is your proudest/favorite moment of your Ruppert career so far? Being honored with The Rising Star Award through CREW MD Suburban as an up-and-coming professional in my field.
- What’s the last book you read? The Ideal Team Player by Patrick Lencione
- What’s your favorite movie and why? Forrest Gump. The one liners are so good! Never gets old.
- Tell us something that might surprise us about you. I tend bar on the weekends to help pay for school at Tenth Ward Distilling in Downtown Frederick, MD. Come see me when the quarantine is over!
- What would you name the autobiography of your life? The Magic Kingdom. Just a joke really, but kind of perfect with my last name being Disney. Somebody referred to my life in that manner once and it made me giggle. Although, you can imagine with the last name Disney, I’ve heard it all. People just love to call me WALT or refer to me as a princess. Dave Roles, former Frederick branch manager, will tell you he hired me for my last name.
- What are you passionate about? Health and fitness
- How do you balance your career and family? I don’t have an immediate family right now, but I am a part-time student and I have to block out homework on my weekly planner and stay disciplined.
- Do you have any hobbies? CrossFit
- What is your favorite family tradition? Christmas cookie baking
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Blacksmithing. I think its important for people to learn a trade, I wish I had.
- Where is the best place you’ve traveled to and why? Thailand . It put life into perspective and made me appreciate what I have and to not take things for granted.
- Where’s your favorite family vacation location? Chincoteague, VA
- What three traits define you? Independent, strong, resourceful.
- What would you most like to tell yourself at age 13? Learn a trade!
- If you could be any animal, which would you be and why? The bowhead whale…they live 200+ years!