Employee Spotlight: Bobby High
- Name: Bobby High
- Title: Business Developer
- Branch: Raleigh, NC Landscape Management Branch
- Ruppert Tenure: 2 Years
- Briefly describe what you do all day (at work). Build upon existing customer relationships as well as seek out lasting partnerships.
- What’s the best thing about your job? Interacting with people is by far the best part of my job.
- What’s your favorite thing about the company? The feeling of family at work.
- What’s your favorite memory at Ruppert? Management Development Day (MDD) 2019 is my favorite memory because of the close interactions I had with our team and the inspiration I took away from the speakers.
- What would you do (for a career) if you weren’t doing this? Property Management
- What’s the coolest thing you’re working on right now? We are beginning a partnership on a very cool portfolio of commercial office space sites. These sites have very good potential and I’m very excited to see what they will look like in one year!
- Who has been your greatest mentor and why? Sam Wells, my branch manager, has been my greatest mentor. Sam brought me on having little to no experience in the industry. Sam has coached me with diligence and has modeled patterns for success in this industry. I am very grateful!
- What are five words (or less) of advice for others in your profession? Get up and keep moving.
- What inspires you? Seeing a plan come together when the process is followed!
- What is your proudest/favorite moment of your Ruppert career so far? Being part of the sales kick-off week in 2019; seeing the success stories of all the other business developers and sharing our own success stories.
- What’s the last book you read? You Can’t Teach a Kid to Ride a Bike at a Seminar by David Sandler
- What’s your favorite movie and why? Warrior. The story of each of the three major characters in the movie is moving and inspirational.
- Tell us something that might surprise us about you. I’ve got very bendy thumbs.
- What are you passionate about? The knowledge that waking up offers an opportunity to grow in some form or fashion every single day.
- If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? Tithe
- What was the last experience that made you a stronger person? Receiving constructive feedback from my wife regarding telephone conversation candor.
- How do you balance your career and family? I try to schedule my time diligently so that every aspect of my life receives adequate time and attention, then I do it! Also, living in the moment is key.
- What is your favorite family tradition? Thanksgiving at my folks place as well as Christmas at my in-laws.
- What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity? Indoor: Working out. Outdoor: Running.
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? How to play golf.
- Where is the best place you’ve traveled to and why? I’ve traveled to Israel, which was amazing because I was able to see in person so many of the locations mentioned in the Bible.
- Where’s your favorite family vacation location? Wilmington has become a tradition for me and my wife.
- What three traits define you? Discipline, Passion, Energy