Employee Spotlight: Ariana Rizzo
- Name: Ariana Rizzo
- Title: Business Development Manager
- Branch: Baltimore, MD Landscape Management Branch
- Ruppert Tenure: 5 years
- Briefly describe what you do all day (at work). Day to day, I am working on growing our business by engaging with potential new customers as well as our current customers. I also participate in a variety of networking activities weekly to help better engage in the Baltimore market. Additionally, I am responsible for estimating, putting together proposals and contracts.
- What’s the best thing about your job? The interaction with our customers—getting to grow a partnership with them—and executing a design from start to finish.
- What’s your favorite thing about the company? Our culture. Also the people in my branch and the many others whom I have gotten to know and grow with during my time here at Ruppert have become an extension of my family.
- What’s your favorite memory at Ruppert? I have so many! For starters, my very first Field Day at Carrol Park in Baltimore. I was only a month and a half in. The camaraderie I had with my fellow branch members, all while making an impact on the community, showed me just what Ruppert is about. Its what’s in all of us and what makes us do what we do every day.
- What would you do (for a career) if you weren’t doing this? I would be an interior decorator. I love home design, both internally and externally. Guilty pleasure: Fixer Upper. I would love to be the next Joanna Gaines!
- What’s the coolest thing you’re working on right now? Working with members of my team to stay engaged with our clients through new marketing techniques. We’ve got some great things in the pipeline and I am excited to share it with you!
- Who has been your greatest mentor and why? My Dad! There is no one who has worked harder for their family. I am grateful to him for showing me what hard work and determination will bring you! Whenever I needed some extra guidance, he has been there to help build that path.
- What are five words (or less) of advice for others in your profession? Stay determined!
- What inspires you? My son!
- How do you define success? Working hard. Achieving and exceeding the expectation. Reaching goals you have made for yourself.
- What is your proudest/favorite moment of your Ruppert career so far? Receiving the Branch Impact Award. I’m grateful to my team for nominating me, but more importantly grateful they have helped me excel.
- What are you passionate about? Making sure my family is fulfilled.
- If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? Pay off my parents’ house so they could travel during retirement.
- How do you balance your career and family? You must make sure you are making time for both. I work hard during the day so that when I come home to my family, I can focus my energy with them.
- How do you like to spend your free time? In the warmer weather I love going down to my family’s beach house at the Delaware beaches. When I’m not there, I am probably hunting for décor for my latest room redo in the house.
- What is your favorite family tradition? Going to Charleston. Since we’ve had a family, we have taken a trip there for the 4th of July every Summer. We love exploring the architecture, history, culture and food in this great American City.
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Another language.
- What three traits define you? Energetic, Personable, Driven