Employee Spotlight: Deb Stipa
- Name: Deb Stipa
- Title: Business Development Manager
- Branch: Washington, DC Landscape Management Branch
- Ruppert Tenure: 4 years
- Briefly describe what you do all day (at work). I build and nurture relationships.
- What’s the best thing about your job? Meeting people and helping them solve landscape problems.
- What’s your favorite thing about the company? Ruppert is a company that truly cares about its people and customers.
- What’s your favorite memory at Ruppert? All my favorite memories have to do with the people that I have worked with and the friendships that I have made while working for Ruppert.
- What would you do (for a career) if you weren’t doing this? I would still be a business developer.
- What’s the coolest thing you’re working on right now? Life has changed rather drastically over the last few weeks. I would say at this exact moment, reaching out to customers and seeing how I can help them.
- Who has been your greatest mentor and why? Jason Dixon from Neuberger and Company changed my life
- What are five words (or less) of advice for others in your profession? Believe in yourself.
- What inspires you? My kids.
- How do you define success? Good health.
- What’s the last book you read? In the Distance by Hernan Diaz
- What’s the last movie you saw? 1917
- Tell us something that might surprise us about you. I am a published white-water photographer.
- If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do? Divide it with my kids.
- What was the last experience that made you a stronger person? I think we are all in the middle of that experience right now.
- How do you like to spend your free time? Hiking, or photographing along a river.
- What is your favorite family tradition? When everyone comes home at Christmas.
- What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity? Anything outdoors is at the top of the list.
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Speak Spanish and maybe knit, haha.
- Where is the best place you’ve traveled to and why? I love visiting family in Italy.
- Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best? Losing my last job – which gave me the opportunity to work at Ruppert.