By Courtney Pohlit, Director of People and Recruiting
At Ruppert, we value not just the employee but the whole person and know life does not start and end in the office or the field. Each one of us has times in our lives when we would benefit from the help of a professional – whether that’s an attorney, counselor, or financial consultant, to name just a few. That’s one of the reasons Ruppert provides the benefit of an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), free and available to every employee and their household family members, to help balance the demands of work and home life.
Through our partnership with LifeWork Strategies, employees have access to free, confidential services 24/7 to help them and their family find practical solutions for real-life situations. Services include but are not limited to:
- Counseling for individuals, couples, and families
- Childcare and parent coaching, including childcare provider search, resources for expecting parents, and parent-child communication and discipline tips
- Elder and dependent care resources and referrals to providers
- Financial guidance and consultations
- Legal consultations and referrals to local attorneys with discounted rates
- Daily living resources for home buying, recreation, pet care, and travel
- Wellness coaching consultations and tools for maintaining healthy lifestyles
- Professional coaching to develop enhanced leadership skills
We want to encourage all of our team members to take advantage of these free, confidential benefits. To access them, employees can call 1-877-252-8550 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In addition, employees can also access online tools and resources at any time at LifeWorkStrategies.com.
I want to emphasize the confidential nature of this program. All engagement with EAP services is private, and discussions occurring between an employee and EAP counselors remain private and are not shared with Ruppert Human Resources or any managers. If a formal arrangement is made between an employee and manager to refer them to our EAP services due to a severe situation impacting one’s work performance, Ruppert will receive confirmation that the employee has complied to engage with EAP but is not privy to any additional information.
If you have questions about the Employee Assistance Program, please contact your supervisor or reach out me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.