Ruppert Landscape is currently seeking an Area Manager / Account Manager in Silver Spring, MD (DC Metro Area)
Apply using the form below!
We are looking for someone who:
- Is self-motivated with a desire to learn and improve
- Is honest, dependable, cooperative, and has a positive attitude
- Takes pride in their work
- Adheres to, and supports, company policies and seeks to grow with the company
- Values positive customer and employee relationships
- Has a valid driver’s license with a clean record over the last three years
- Can legally work in the U.S.
Area Managers at Ruppert Landscape are responsible for:
- Communicating to your field managers the company’s philosophies, policies and procedures, as well as the branch’s annual and long-term goals.
- Developing a clear understanding of your field manager’s strengths, weaknesses, professional and personal goals so that you can take an active role in their development.
- Maintaining a constant recruiting effort to address personnel needs in the production area.
- Developing a clear understanding of the hourly and cost budgets for each job and communicate that information to field managers.
- Preparing seasonal job packages (mulching, annuals, etc.) for all assigned jobs.
- Monitoring the quality of our service through bi-monthly jobsite visits (weekly if necessary).
- Managing all sales activity related to the renewal of existing landscape management contracts.
- Scheduling weekly production activities of assigned crews.
- Helping to maintain a branch facility, vehicles and equipment that reflects our corporate image and provides a safe, comfortable environment for all employees and visitors.
Ideal candidates may have some or all of these qualifications:
- Two years of experience managing others on the production level, including recruiting and hiring, performance evaluation and training and development.
- Knowledge of all associated machinery and trucks involved in a landscape management branch.
- Sales and customer service experience (at least two years of experience dealing directly with service customers).
- Ability to do takeoffs and estimate maintenance jobs.
- At least two years of experience running more than one project at a time.
- At least one year of experience selling enhancement-type work and doing contract maintenance takeoffs.
- Demonstrated ability to design small landscape projects.
- Experience with, and basic knowledge of, computer operation.
- Two or four-year horticultural or related degree and two years industry experience. Additional industry experience or industry certifications can substitute for non-related degree, two-year degree or no degree.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, in English.
- Valid drivers license with a clean record over the last three years.
Benefits of working at Ruppert Landscape:
- We provide a competitive salary, medical benefits with dental and vision, paid time off, and 401(k) plan.
- We offer year-round employment, meaning no layoffs or reduced hours
- We are dedicated to providing hands-on training and opportunities for professional development and career growth
- We have on-site dedicated shop facilities to ensure regularly cleaned and well-maintained trucks and equipment
- We appreciate and celebrate our teams’ hard work with regular employee appreciation events and incentives, including bonuses
- We are focused on sustainable practices and incorporating technology that helps us do our jobs safer and more effectively
- We are committed to giving back to our local communities with service projects driven by our team members
About Ruppert Landscape
Founded in 1976, Ruppert Landscape is a family and employee-owned commercial landscape construction and management company with over 2000 team members across 30 locations in Pennsylvania, Maryland, DC, Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Texas, Delaware, and Tennessee. Our mission is to provide opportunity for our people, take excellent care of our customers, and be good stewards of the environment and our community. Ruppert Landscape is an Equal Opportunity and E-verify Employer.