The Ruppert Advantage
As one of three Ruppert entities, Ruppert Landscape is able to draw from the experience and expertise of the various disciplines that comprise the Ruppert Companies. Each company consists of a team of industry experts that strive to lead their industry in customer service and employee development. Under the Ruppert umbrella, they are afforded the rare combination of financial resources, valuable associations, a broad base of knowledge and fresh perspectives on cutting-edge management practices.
A Dedicated Team
- A broad base of ownership
- Employee incentive programs
- Various awards and recognition programs
- Extensive skills and management training
- Open-book management
- Active community service programs
In addition, there is an average Ruppert tenure of 14 years within the ranks of branch and executive managers and an industry tenure average of 22 years within that same group. The benefits of this unusual level of loyalty and experience cannot be measured, but are felt in every aspect of company, customer and field operations.
A long history of success has resulted in a strong financial capacity. This ability allows us to invest in people and make capital investments that increase our capability to do the job and continually improve. Ruppert Landscape’s bonding capacity is one of the highest in the construction industry.
A Track Record of Growth
Healthy growth has been a trademark of the Ruppert organization. This growth has been recognized by Inc. Magazine, among other publications, through inclusion on their list of America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies. Growth is more than recognition of Ruppert’s health; it helps to create a forward-thinking environment.
A “Can Do” Culture
A distinct corporate culture is what distinguishes Ruppert from the competition. This culture fosters employee pride and loyalty, requires a great deal of effort and emphasizes high-quality workmanship and customer service. The net result is a team of management and staff that thrive on challenge, believe they will overcome all obstacles and who seek to exceed customer expectations.
Customers are able to realize all the advantages of working with a big company, but the company’s decentralized branching structure creates an atmosphere where employees are empowered to make the best decisions and provide the most efficient service for our customers.
Our customized landscape software allows our office and field staff to be informed and takes critical elements of the job that is time consuming away—which enables us to focus on customer communication.
Ensuring that all persons on a jobsite are protected from injury and hazards is of paramount importance. This includes correcting potentially unsafe working, site conditions or working procedures; maintaining tools and equipment properly; and enforcing all safety rules and procedures. The end result is a company that is substantially safer and attuned to maintaining a jobsite that promotes safety.
Taking Care of the Environment
For three decades, Ruppert has consistently made a positive impact on the environment by planting nearly 1,000,000 trees and shrubs since its inception and growing more than 70,000 wholesale trees on over 500 acres in Montgomery County, Maryland. Not new to the green movement, the company is using its resources proactively in many areas. These include, among others:
- The 2008 construction of a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)-certified corporate campus in Laytonsville (MD)
- The 2011 completion of a solar farm at its corporate campus, taking this facility completely off the grid.
- The use of hybrid vehicles at all locations; 70% of our corporate management fleet are hybrids
- Water Reclamation systems being used at several facilities for irrigation.
- The use of oil/grit separators in all company owned facilities
- Standard business recycling practices at all locations
- The U.S. Green Building Council LEED accreditation of individuals within both the installation and maintenance divisions who have achieved the status of LEED Accredited Professional. (LEED AP)
- The use of organic landscape chemicals and materials (when requested)
- The use of organic waste recycling at selected facilities
- Retrofitting of several of the company’s existing facilities with more energy efficient lamps and ballasts.